Luck 'O The Irish Shepherd's Pie
A perfectly portioned Irish classic!
Serves: 5 (Serving= 1 pan)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 19.2 ounce package 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (check to make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 1 ¾ cup carrots, diced (frozen or *canned)
- 1 cup peas, (frozen or *canned)
- 1 cup corn, (frozen or *canned)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ½ cups prepared mashed potatoes (choose gluten free for GF version)
- Paprika, garnish
- Parsley, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions, turkey, and Worcestershire in canola oil until little pink left.
- Add carrots, peas, corn, tomato paste, vegetable broth, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and black pepper and cook additional 10 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Divide meat and vegetable mixture evenly among 5 pot pie pans (5 inches in diameter) or tart pans. Top each with ½ cup mashed potatoes, spread to cover.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes turn a slight golden brown. Garnish each pie with a sprinkle of paprika and parsley.
* Remember to buy no salt added versions if available or drain and rinse to cut back on sodium!