Shrimp Spaghetti Squash
Try this quick meatless meal for the Lenten season!
Serves: 2 (Serving = 1/2 spaghetti squash)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce (less than 400 mg sodium and 10 g sugar per serving) (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 8 frozen cooked shrimp
- ½ cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Place on a dish and microwave for 13-17 minutes or until squash is easily removed with a fork. Once cooled, scrape out insides into medium bowl.
- While squash is cooking, place olive oil, onion, green pepper and garlic in medium saucepan and sauté over medium high heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce and shrimp and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Pour over squash and mix together.
- Top with cheese.