Whether celebrating Lent or looking for a simple, low calorie entrée, these fish tacos will be sure to freshen up your table and your taste buds.
Serves: 3 (Serving= 2 shrimp tacos)
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 – 12 ounce bag of tail-off, peeled, deveined cooked shrimp
- 6 corn tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, non-fat Greek yogurt, sugar, salt, and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the shrimp. Add spice mixture to shrimp and stir. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place shrimp into corn tortillas and top with coleslaw mixture. Garnish with remaining lime juice, cilantro, and non-fat Greek yogurt as desired.