Simple Salmon Burgers
A healthy, delicious alternative to cooking up cheese burgers this grilling season!
Serves: 3 (Serving= 4 ounce burger with no bun)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1” cubes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon San-J® gluten free or La Choy® low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Spray the grill. Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a food processor, coarsely grind up the salmon cubes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the lime peel zest, mustard, ginger, cilantro, low-sodium soy sauce, and coriander.
- Mix in the ground salmon and form 3 salmon patties.
- Sprinkle salmon patties with salt and pepper if desired.
- Grill (or cook in a skillet) on medium heat for 4 minutes each side.
- Top with some vegetables, mango salsa, grilled pineapple rings, avocado, goat cheese, or a tartar sauce and pair with a whole wheat or gluten free bun.