A small amount of sloppy but big amount of healthy!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 1/2 cup sloppy Joe mixture and 1 whole wheat bun)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 19 ounces 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- ¼ cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (for GF version read ingredients list as some may contain wheat or malt)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- Whole wheat hamburger buns (or gluten free buns for GF version)
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, sauté peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and cook until meat is white, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add tomato paste, relish, Worcestershire, chili powder, brown sugar and salt. Mix together.
- Place mixture in crockpot and add water.
- Cook for 3 hours on low, stirring half way through.