Spicy California Sushi Roll
Did you know that a roll of sushi can range from 500-700 calories! This recipe cuts the calories down to less than 300 per roll and has the added fiber benefit from the whole grain rice and avocado. Who would have thought sushi was so easy to make at home!
Serves: 4 (Serving= 8 sushi pieces)
- 1 cup of multigrain brown rice medley
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha® hot sauce
- 4 nori/edible seaweed sheets
- 1 cup rice mix
- 2 teaspoons lite soy sauce
- 2 medium sized avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 6 imitation crab sticks
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon, finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the rice mix and set aside.
- Lay one nori sheet on a flat surface. Horizontally, layer ¼ cup rice mixture, ½ teaspoon soy sauce, ½ mashed avocado, 1 ½ crab sticks, ¼ cup cucumber, ¼ teaspoon chives, and ½ teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Press sushi roll together firmly by folding over one end of nori sheet to cover mixture. Roll tightly. Cut into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.