A healthier bite size version of your favorite summer sandwich!
Serves: 12 (Serving= 2 BLT poppers)
- 12 roma tomatoes
- 12 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Shredded lettuce to garnish
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut off top/stem of tomato. Place tomato cut-side down on the cutting board and slice through the tomato lengthwise to make 2 halves. Cut around the edges of each half and scoop out flesh and seeds with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, add turkey bacon, onion, avocado, feta cheese, yogurt, mayonnaise and garlic. Mix well.
- Stuff each tomato with bacon mixture, sprinkle with ground black pepper and top with shredded lettuce.