Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry
There’s no better time to jump on the Spiralizer bandwagon than on National Vegetable Day! Become “inspiralized” this summer with a recipe that swaps out traditional stir-fry grains, for noodles created from zucchini! Whether you’re watching your carbohydrate intake or just wanting to include more vegetables in your diet, this stir-fry dish is sure to please!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 1 cup)
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (choose La Choy® or another brand that makes GF sauce for GF version)
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce (choose Kikkoman® Gluten Free or another brand that makes GF sauce for GF version)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sriracha®
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces snow peas, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and carrots. Sauté until fragrant and when the carrots have slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spiralize zucchini and trim down into smaller noodles. Set aside on paper towels so that excess water is absorbed.
- Add bell peppers, snap peas, and sauce mixture to the pan. Using tongs, toss everything together and reduce heat to medium. Allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add spiralized zucchini and sliced almonds to the skillet. Toss until just combined. Enjoy!