Asian Peanut Pasta Salad
Why bring the same old cold pasta salad to the cookout when you can WOW everyone with something a little different!
Serves: 5 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti (about 3 cups cooked) (use gluten free pasta for GF version)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup whipped peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons lite soy sauce (choose gluten free for GF version)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In a large bowl, combine green onions, carrots, bell pepper, cilantro, peanut butter and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients.
- Add warm pasta to salad ingredients and top with dressing. Toss well to coat, making sure peanut butter gets creamy and melts throughout.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours prior to serving.
- Top with grilled chicken breast to make meal or serve salad as a side dish.