Caprese Millet Salad
Millet is a gluten free grain that can be easily substituted for pasta in many recipes. It adds a whole grain twist to this salad!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 ½ cups diced Vidalia onion
- 2/3 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add millet and simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed and millet is fluffy.
- In a large bowl, combine millet with remaining ingredients and toss until well mixed.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.