Autumn Brussels Sprouts Salad
Enjoy the fresh, unique flavor of raw Brussels sprouts in this tasty fall-inspired salad. A perfect complementary side dish for a cozy autumn meal!
Serves: 7 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 1 pound trimmed Brussels sprouts
- 1 apple, diced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (choose gluten free for GF version)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 slices cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped
- Thinly slice Brussels sprouts using a mandoline or food processor fitted with a slicer attachment and place in a large bowl.
- Add diced apple, Parmesan cheese, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, cayenne, maple syrup, salt, and black pepper.
- Drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Portion out 1 cup servings and top each with chopped turkey bacon