Crab Apple Salad with Mango
This wonderful summer salad is both refreshing and light. With bright colors and vibrant flavors, it’s a great addition to your next picnic or lunch with friends. At less than 100 calories per serving, it’s an excellent low-calorie recipe to add to your collection.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 12 ounces Chicken of the Sea® fancy lump crab meat
- 1 large, firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼ inch pieces (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ large jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup red delicious apple, chopped
- 6 large lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps
- In a small bowl, combine garlic clove, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Wisk until well mixed.
- Gently mix crab, mango, cilantro, green onion, apple, red bell pepper, and jalapeno together in a bowl.
- Pour dressing mix over salad and mix thoroughly. Place ½ cup of salad onto a large lettuce leaf and serve.