Deconstructed BLT Salad with Avocado Dressing
April is National BLT month! To celebrate this food holiday, we put a spin on your traditional BLT sandwich.
Serves: 4 (Serving = salad plus 3 Tablespoons dressing)
- 4 romaine hearts, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 10 strips cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/3 cups no salt added canned corn, drained
- ½ cups green onion, sliced
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ medium avocado
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon water
- Plate 2 halved romaine hearts face down on 4 plates. Divide remaining salad ingredients evenly over 4 plates.
- To make avocado cilantro dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender until fully combined. Drizzle 3 tablespoons over the top of each salad before serving.