Grilled Shrimp and Corn Orzo Salad
Start off the grilling season with this tasty and satisfying salad with grilled shrimp and fresh corn right off the cob.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1 cup orzo with 5 shrimp)
- 1 cup orzo, uncooked (choose rice or gluten free pasta for GF version)
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, shucked
- 30 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- ½ pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling water for 7-9 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- On medium-high heat, grill corn cobs for 5-6 minutes, rotating every minute to evenly char on all sides. Let cool slightly, then cut kernels off of the cob into a large bowl.
- Place shrimp on water-soaked wooden kebabs. Spray shrimp and grill with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Grill for about 2-3 minutes each side or until shrimp turns pink.
- In the large bowl with the corn, add the cooked orzo, shrimp, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and feta cheese. Mix to combine.
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or chilled.