Harvest Potato Salad
Sweet potatoes and apples blend together to create this tasty fall dish!
Serves: 14 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- 5 cups cubed sweet potatoes (scrub clean and leave skin on)
- 3 cups cubed apples (sweet varieties)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries (50% less sugar)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup chopped pecans for garnish
- Fill a large stock pot ¾ with water. Bring water to boil over high heat. Add sweet potatoes and cook for 5-6 minutes or until medium firmness. They should pierce with a fork, but still remain semi-firm. Drain and let cool.
- Add sweet potatoes, apples, onion, cranberries and blue cheese to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, canola oil, vinegar, mustard and poppy seeds. Pour over salad mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped pecans.