Jack 'O Lantern Slaw
Carve your pumpkin and eat it too during this Halloween season!
Serves: 5 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 1 pie pumpkin, cut into 3 cups of matchstick sized pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1 cup of matchstick sized pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seed kernels/pepitas
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, first cut the stem and thick skin off the pumpkin. Next, cut down the middle and scoop out the stringy flesh and seeds. Cut the flesh into wedges to make it easier to slice. Finally, cut the wedges into thin matchstick sized pieces.
- Cut the stems off of the fennel right above the bulb. Remove the core and cut the bulb into matchstick sized pieces.
- Add all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator before serving.