Red, White, and Blueberry Jicama Salad
When patriotism calls, step up to the line with this crunchy and flavorful fruit salad, featuring unique ingredients like jicama and pomegranate.
Serves: 12 (Serving= 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 small jicama
- 1 medium pear
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 small green apple
- Whisk honey and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Wash and peel jicama using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, then chop into small cubes.
- Open pomegranate and remove seeds.
- Peel and chop pear and green apple.
- Combine jicama, pomegranate, pear, green apple, and blueberries in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add honey lime mixture and toss immediately to prevent browning.