Strawberry Salad with Grilled Chicken and Fresh Mint
This cool, refreshing strawberry salad is a great source of protein and fiber!
- 2 Tablespoons reduced sugar strawberry fruit spread (choose gluten free for GF version)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup almonds, slivered
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 4-ounce chicken breasts, grilled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first four ingredients together into a vinaigrette.
- In large bowl, combine cucumber, onion, strawberries, fresh mint, almonds, and lettuce.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat.
- Cut the grilled chicken breast into slices and add to salad.