Sweet Nectarine and Roasted Beet Salad
Add a little flair to those boring old beets! This sweet and decadent salad will liven up any meal.
Serves: 7 (Serving= 1 cup)
- 3 large beets uncooked (makes about 4 cups roasted)
- 3 nectarines, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup leeks, finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean beets and beet greens well. Cut off beet greens at stems about one inch from beet and the root. Wrap each beet in foil and place in baking dish. Fill bottom of baking dish with 1 inch water. Roast for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until fork tender. Once cooled, using gloves peel the skin away and cut stems off the top. Chop into wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to salad and toss to coat.