Rosemary and Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Bake
Switch up your Thanksgiving sweet potato side dish with this savory, perfectly portioned dish.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1 ramekin)
- ½ Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 3 cups mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup egg substitute
- ¼ cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup plain whole wheat bread crumbs (choose gluten free breadcrumbs for GF version)
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté onions in olive oil over medium-high heat until translucent, about 7-10 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
- In a medium bowl, combine onions, sweet potato, egg substitute, milk and 1 Tablespoon rosemary and stir well until liquid is absorbed.
- Spray 6 ramekins with cooking spray and spoon mixture into each ramekin evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ Tablespoon rosemary, bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.