Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Bites
Enjoy chipotle-lime marinated shrimp garnished on a tortilla chip with avocado! This recipe is easy to make and is full of flavor that will please any crowd!
Serves: 5 (Serving= 2 shrimp bites)
- 10 small-sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed
- 10 corn tortilla chips, round
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Marinate shrimp in a bowl with adobo sauce, lime, garlic, and cumin for 20 minutes. Make sure the shrimp are evenly coated.
- While the shrimp is marinating, mash the avocado in a bowl and spoon about 1 tsp. onto a circular tortilla chip.
- Once finished marinating, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and place the shrimp into a medium skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, gently place one shrimp on top of the tortilla chip.
- Garnish with cilantro.