Corn and Black Bean Salsa
If you like thick chunky pico de gallo over the thin watered down salsas, you will love this! The beans and corn give it lots of fiber and if you serve it with baked chips it becomes a healthy, low-calorie snack!!
Serves: 20 (Serving = 1/2 cup)
- 2 (14 ounce cans) reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce can) no salt added whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 7 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Fresh juice from 1 squeezed lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, and peppers.
- In a small bowl, stir together rest of ingredients. Pour over salsa mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.