Peanut Butter Hummus
Add a sweet “touchdown” to your Superbowl Sunday festivities!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 Tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 Tablespoon quick cooking oats (use certified gluten free oats for GF version)
- Pour hot water over raisins and cinnamon. Let stand for 10 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- Place the applesauce, peanut butter, extracts, syrup, canola oil, drained raisins and instant oatmeal in the food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add ½ can of garbanzo beans at a time and process until mixture is smooth.
- Serve with apple slices, cinnamon pita chips, or graham crackers