Sausage and Spinach Wontons
A fun and unique appetizer!
Serves: 16 (Serving= 3 wontons)
- Cooking spray
- 48 refrigerated wonton wrappers
- 3 turkey sausage links
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed with liquid squeezed out)
- 1 (8 ounce) fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no added sodium diced tomatoes (liquid drained)
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Press wonton wrappers firmly into the bottom of each cup. Spray tops of wontons with cooking spray. Bake for about 5 minutes or until completely crisp.
- Cut open and remove casings on sausage links. In a large saucepan, cook sausage meat on medium heat using a spatula to separate into ground pieces until no longer pink. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well until thoroughly combined and cheese is melted.
- Evenly spoon mixture into wontons.