Spinach Artichoke Bites
This appetizer is not only easy and crowd pleasing, it also provides a fresh new take on the traditional spinach artichoke dip, for less than 100 calories per serving!
Serves: 12 (Serving= 2 spinach artichoke bites)
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped fresh baby spinach
- ¾ cup chopped canned quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 6.5 ounce can no salt added mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 - 11 ounce can thin crust pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, mushrooms, garlic, feta, and Parmesan cheese. Stir in plain non-fat Greek yogurt and crushed red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, lay out pizza dough on a cutting board and lightly stretch to an 8 x 12 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 2 inch squares, providing 24 total squares.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and place a square in each cup, gently pushing down into bottom of cup.
- Evenly distribute the spinach mixture into each muffin cup of dough and gently push down. Fold each corner of the dough over the other diagonally, so that all four corners meet in the center of the filling. Spray top of bites with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until outside is golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.