Springtime Artichoke Dip with Pita Chips
Spring into warmer weather with this bright and refreshing dip and chip combo!
Serves: 12 (Serving= 4 chips and 1/4 cup dip)
- 3 loaves whole grain pita bread
- Cooking spray
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ - 12 ounce cans (~36 pieces) quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ large white onion
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (see note below)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut pita bread loaves in 8ths, then open each wedge and cut through the middle so you have 2 triangles. Place on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. In a small bowl mix together seasonings. Sprinkle over chips then bake for 7 minutes, flip the chips and bake an additional 3 minutes.
- Place ingredients for dip into food processor and process until smooth.
- Garnish with additional ingredients if desired (paprika, etc.). Enjoy with chips.
Note: Dried parsley can be substituted for fresh parsley. Replace 1/3 cup fresh parsley with 1 ¾ Tablespoon dried.