This lighter version really turns up the heat, while keeping the calories and fat down!
Serves: 15 (Serving= 1 stuffed jalapeno)
- 15 jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey breast
- 1 (10 ounce) box, frozen chopped spinach, defrosted with liquid squeezed out
- 1 (8 ounce) 1/3 less fat cream cheese or “Neufchatel”
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 15 strips lean turkey bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While leaving the stem on, make a small slit below the stem across the top and towards the tip at the bottom of the jalapeno. Cut lengthwise between the two slits. Take a spoon and scrape out seeds and membrane, while still trying to keep the jalapeno intact.
- In a medium skillet, brown turkey on medium-high, breaking into small pieces. Mid-way through, add spinach, cream cheese and sage. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and all ingredients thoroughly combined.
- Take cooked ingredients and stuff inside jalapeno.
- Wrap a slice of turkey bacon around middle of stuffed jalapeno and bake for 15-20 minutes.