Zippy Beer Sliders
These lean mini-burgers are easy to prepare cooking on an outdoor grill or on a grill pan in the home. The mix of ingredients packs a punch of flavor and will leave your family and your guests wanting more!
Serves: 8 (Serving= 1 burger)
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/8 cup light beer (choose gluten free beer for GF version)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound 93/7 lean ground beef
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls or mini-buns (choose gluten free buns for GF version)
- In a bowl, combine the first ten ingredients and shape into eight patties.
- Turn grill on medium-high heat.
- Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray right before placing burgers on the grill.
- Grill hamburgers over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Serve on whole wheat buns or rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles or whichever vegetables and condiments you prefer!