Balsamic Strawberries with Greek Yogurt
Looking for a summer treat that caters to your sweet craving while packing a punch of good nutrition? This recipe for balsamic strawberries served with non-fat Greek yogurt offers lots of protein and calcium without the calories of traditional desserts!
Serves: 4 (Serving = 6 oz yogurt with 1/4 strawberry mixture)
- 1 Tablespoon trans-fat free tub margarine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, tops cut off and quartered
- 3 Tablespoons Truvia® sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 – six ounce containers low fat plain Greek yogurt
- Melt margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add the strawberries, sweetener and balsamic vinegar. Cook until the strawberries are heated through and darkened to a ruby red (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve about 1/4 cup of strawberries over 6 ounces of yogurt in dessert bowl or stemmed glasses.
To make bariatric diet friendly:
Cook in muffin tin, add 3 scoops sugar free vanilla protein powder to whole recipe. Can freeze in ice cube tray up to 2 months.
Bariatric nutrition info (about 15 servings; serving = 1 ounce berry mix + 2 ounces yogurt each): Calories 80, Total Fat 1.5g, Sat Fat 0g, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 0g, Protein 11g