Chili Cheese Egg Rolls with Southwestern Sauce
This bite sized roll is perfect for snacking during the big game.
Serves: 12 (Serving= 2 wontons)
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast (97% fat-free)
- 1 cup chili beans in chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese (made with 2% milk)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- 50 won ton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet on medium high heat, sauté onion and pepper in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, breaking up pieces into crumbles and cooking for an additional 4 minutes.
- Turn down heat to low-medium. Add beans, garlic, cheese and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Place 1 teaspoon of mixture in the middle of the won ton wrapper. Fold into egg roll shape and place on sprayed baking sheet. Keep won ton wrappers moist with wet paper towels after opening package to prevent cracking while rolling.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until won tons are crispy.
- Drizzle with sauce before serving.