Honey Almond Stuffed Dates
A fun appetizer to whip up for your next holiday party that is simple yet delicious.
Serves: 8 (Serving= 3 stuffed dates)
- 24 pitted dates
- ¼ block reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon orange zest
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Slice dates down one side lengthwise to create opening for stuffing inside. Be careful not to slice all the way through to the other side.
- In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, ricotta, honey and orange zest.
- Stuff dates with cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.