Lemon Ricotta Muffins
A muffin with a fresh spring flavor perfect for Easter brunch.
Serves: 12 (Serving = 1 muffin)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup white-whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 2 Tablespoons Truvia® baking blend
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon skim milk
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugars.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, applesauce, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Evenly distribute muffin batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Stir together ingredients for glaze together in a small bowl and drizzle lightly over muffins while still warm.