Zesty Lime Avocado Chicken Salad
A fast and healthy seasonal twist on chicken salad!
Serves: 4 (Serving = 3/4 cup)
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice (reserve 1 Tablespoon for salad)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 whole avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Add chicken, 1 Tablespoon of lime juice, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, and water into Instantpot®, close lid and make sure vent is sealed. Set Instapot® on high pressure for 30 minutes.
2. Combine the rest of lime juice and salt, with red onion, red pepper, Greek yogurt, avocado and cilantro in large bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Once cooked, spoon chicken from Instapot® into a large bowl and let it sit for 1-2 minutes before shredding with metal fork. Spoon shredded chicken into large bowl with avocado mixture and mix thoroughly.