Sweet and Savory Salmon
The perfect mix of sweet and savory. Enjoy this pan seared salmon topped with a fresh, citrus fruit salsa.
Serves: 5 (Serving = 1 salmon fillet with 3/4 cup salsa)
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- Zest of 1 large lime
- 1 ½ pound salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic spice blend (like Mrs. Dash®)
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine all fruit salsa ingredients and mix together; Set aside.
- Season both sides of the salmon with the spice blend.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil. Place salmon in heated oil, searing until browned on all sides (approximately 1-2 minutes on each side). The surfaces of each piece will be slightly crisp, but the flesh will still be light pink and moist in the center of its thickest parts.
- Top cooked salmon fillet with salsa.