Watermelon Jalapeno Salsa
A healthy salsa with a sweet and spicy kick!
Serves: 9 (Serving = 1/2 cup)
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any combination of green, orange, yellow, or red bell peppers)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cut the personal size watermelon in half, cut slices in the watermelon and scoop the slices out. Hollow out watermelon to be used as a bowl. Dice enough watermelon to measure two cups and drain juice. Save the remaining watermelon for another use.
- In medium bowl, combine diced watermelon with remaining ingredients. Mix to combine. Add additional lime juice, black pepper, and salt if needed.
- Drain any excess liquid from the bowl and then pour into the hollowed-out watermelon half. Serve salsa in the watermelon bowl paired with tortilla chips.