Mediterranean Sunflower Salad
A colorful layered salad that is just as tasty as it is pretty!
- ¼ cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons hummus (choose gluten free brand for GF version)
- ¼ cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1 red onion slice
- ½ cup cooked whole grains – farro, wheat berries or quinoa
- 2 Tablespoons grated carrot
- 2 Tablespoons shredded red or green cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped spinach leaves
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Layer all the ingredients in a bowl, jar with a lid or on a dinner plate.
- Serve the salad with 2 tablespoons of your favorite homemade vinaigrette dressing. This is a portable salad that you can pack for lunch.