Sweet Potato Hash
A sweet twist to the original, but lower in calories, fat and sodium.
Serves: 8 (Serving Size = 3/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté potato and onion for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and break into small pieces, cooking another 3-4 minutes.
- Add herbs and spices and stir to combine. Continue cooking until turkey is no longer pink.
- Serve with “fried” egg on top if desired.