< Back to Search
Warm Stuffed Apples
These warm apples with cinnamon and oats are perfect to curb sweet cravings without overindulging.
Serves: 3 (Serving = 1 apple)
- 3 medium Gala apples, tops and bottoms removed
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon chilled butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out the apple core along with some of the apple until there is about 1/2 inch apple left around the edges. Place apples in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in diced butter to oats mixture and combine with a fork until the mixture is crumbly and the butter is pea sized.
- Divide mixture evenly among apples and fill apple hole.
- Bake apples for 35 minutes, or until the topping is lightly browned and the apples have soften.
- Allow to cool before serving.