Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles
Impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day with homemade truffles! Mix up the flavors by using different flavored extracts.
Serves: 15 (Serving = 2 truffles)
- 1 – 10 ounce bag 53% dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 ½ teaspoons 2% milk
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract (or flavor of choice)
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until smooth.
- Once smooth, add yogurt and milk. Stir mixture until smooth and glossy.
- Add extract to chocolate, stirring until combined.
- Transfer to smaller bowl, cover, and refrigerate until firm (about 3 hours).
- Scoop out mixture and roll into gumball sized balls. Immediately roll into topping if desired. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm.
*Optional: Roll in nuts, sprinkles, coconut, or topping of choice