Banana Bread Cake
Turn this classic bread into a cake! Use it as a dessert to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Serves: 10 (Serving = 1/10th of the cake)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 9” cake pan with non-stick spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with fork until mostly smooth.
- Add brown sugar, oil, milk and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to batter. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in a ¼ cup of chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are light golden.