LEMON-BLUEBERRY ANGEL CAKE DESSERT
This 100 calorie dessert looks and tastes decadent.
Serves: 1/2 cup, makes 12 servings
1/2 of an angel food cake (bake it yourself or purchase a pre-baked one)
1 tub (8 oz) light or whipped cream cheese
1 1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups light whipped dessert topping, thawed
2 cups fresh blueberries
Lemon peel strips (optional)
1. Cut cake into 1/2 inch cubes. This should be about 4 1/2 cups cake cubes.
2. Place half of the cubes in a souffle dish or similar.
3. In a medium bowl beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add lemon juice, beating until smooth. Stir in finely shredded lemon peel.
4. Fold in 1/4 cup of the whipped topping to cream cheese mixture, Fold in remaining whipped topping.
5. Divide the mixture in half; stir 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries into one portion of the cream cheese mixture.
6. Spoon the cream cheese mixture with blueberries mixed in over the cake cubes in the dish.
7. Top with remaining cake cubes and the remaining plain cream cheese mixture.
8. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until firm.
9. Sprinkle with remaining blueberries before serving. If desired, garnish with lemon peel strips.