KEY LIME PIE
Pastel green makes this dessert especially nice at Easter or St. Patrick's Day. Low carb and low calorie, it is a great dessert for sharing all year long.
Serves: 1/8 of pie
1 1/2 cups small pretzel twists, (2 oz, about 34)
2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1 four-serving size package sugar free, low calorie lime flavor gelatin
1 cup boiling water
2 low fat Key lime or Key lime pie flavored yogurt, 6 oz each
1/2 8 oz container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
1 tsp finely shredded lime peel
finely shredded lime peel and/or raspberries as garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For crust, in a food processor combine the pretzels and sliced almonds; cover and process until finely crushed. Add butter; cover and process until combined.
3. Press pretzel mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
4. Bake crust for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Place gelatin in medium bowl. Add the boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until partially set (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
6. Fold yogurt and whipped topping and 1 tsp lime peel into the gelatin.
7. Pour into cooled crush. Chill at least 4 hours. If desired, garnish with additional lime peel or fresh raspberries before serving.