Fast & Easy Tiramisu
This dessert is so delicious, you would never know it is light! Using a sugar substitute, such as Splenda®, will reduce the calories without compromising flavor. Splenda® works great for cooking and baking.
Serves: 1/12 piece
2 (3 oz) pkgs ladyfingers, split or 2 loaves of angel food cake
2 (8oz) pkgs low-fat cream cheese, softened
2 ½ cup Cool Whip Lite® topping
1 tbsp almond flavoring (optional)
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 cup boiling water
½ cup and 1 tbsp Splenda® or sugar
- Arrange 1 package of ladyfingers on bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
- Dissolve instant coffee and 1 tbsp Splenda (or sugar) in boiling water.
- Brush ½ cup coffee mixture over ladyfingers.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add Spenda (or sugar) and flavoring to cream cheese, mix well. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Top with remaining ladyfingers; brush with remaining coffee.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers, and dust with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.