Tomato & Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Are you bored of plain ‘ol chicken breasts for dinner? This low-fat, low-calorie recipe is a great way to add some flavor to your family dinners. Pair this entrée with a fresh salad or steamed veggies, along with parmesan cheese topped pasta and you have a delicious healthy meal!
Serves: 1 chicken breast
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4-6oz each)
8 sun dried tomatoes, drained
1/2 bunch fresh basil
1.5 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken stock
- Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast. Place 2 slices of tomato and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast. Secure the pocket with toothpicks, threading along the side to close.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet until it begins to smoke. Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
- Add the vinegar and chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm. Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
- Season with pepper, if desired. Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast.