Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
For a hefty portion size, you get a low-calorie meal that is high in protein and fiber, and low in saturated fat. The lemon flavor from the gelatin is a surprising twist that will leave everyone wondering what your secret ingredient is! This dish is great re-heated…it tastes like authentic “Chinese take-out!”
Serves: 1.5 cups
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
1 Tbsp. canola oil
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into small strips (~2 breasts)
7 oz. extra-firm tofu (~1/2 pkg)
1 pkg. (14 oz.) frozen stir-fry veggies
1 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
1 pkg. (4-serving size) lemon flavor gelatin
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. zesty Italian dressing
1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add frozen vegetables to skillet, and stir-fry for 4 min. (turn heat up if necessary). Add tofu and mushrooms, and stir-fry for another 2-4 min. until cooked through.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Mix dry gelatin mix and cornstarch in small bowl. Add broth, dressing, and garlic powder; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook 3 min. or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
- TIP: To make this a vegetarian dish, omit steps 2 and 4, and use a whole package of extra-firm tofu in place of the chicken.