Grilled chicken has long been observed as a “healthy” alternative to red meat, but you might find yourself getting burned out on it. This recipe will put the excitement back in your plain ‘ol chicken breast! Typical marinades can rack up the sodium, so we’ve used the lime flavor in the Margarita Mix to add flavor without excess salt. Serve this chicken with your favorite green veggie and a baked potato topped with salsa for a delicious meal!
Serves: 3 ounces
16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup lime flavored Margarita Mix, non-alcoholic
½ cup orange juice
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp chili powder
1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
1 clove garlic, chopped
- Remove any excess fat from chicken breasts, and cut into small, 3 ounce pieces. Place in a medium bowl, or large zip-top bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Marinate overnight, then discard marinade.
- Baking instructions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place marinated chicken on a baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. (Smaller chicken pieces may take less time).
- Grilling instructions: Preheat outdoor grill at medium heat. Grill chicken until cooked through, turning once.