Honey Chai Smoothie Bowl
The flavor in this healthy smoothie will bowl you over!
- 1 large banana, peeled, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
- 2 pinches of ground cardamom
- 2 pinches of ground allspice
- 2 pinches of ground cloves
- 2 pinches of ground ginger
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon pepitas
- 1 Tablespoon old fashioned dry oats
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine banana, honey, chia seeds, peanut butter, yogurt, and spices in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into bowls and add desired toppings.
To make bariatric diet friendly:
Use ½ of a banana and 6 ounces (1 container) non-fat Greek yogurt. Use sweetener to taste instead of honey and add 1 scoop sugar-free vanilla protein powder.
Bariatric nutrition info (makes 2 servings; ½ recipe per serving): Calories 200, Total Fat 8g, Sat Fat 1.5g, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 15, Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g (none added), Protein 22g