Blackened Tilapia with Zucchini Noodles
From prep to table in 30 minutes, this one-skillet meal is quick, eye-appealing, healthful and great for working persons who want to provide delicious home-cooked meals without a lot of prep time. The recipe works well with any light fish or shrimp.
Serves: 4 servings, 1 fillet each
2 large zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1 1/2 tsp groun cumin
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
4 tilapia fillets (6 oz each)
2 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup pico de gallo
1. Trim ends of zucchini. Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin strands.
2. Mix cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, smoked paprika, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle generously onto both sides of fish fillets.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook tilapia until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
4. In the same skillet, cook zucchini with minced garlic over medium high heat until slightly softened, about 2 minutes, tossing constantly with tongs. Don't overcook. Sprinkle with remaining salt.
5. Serve zucchini with tilapia and pico de gallo.