Mediterranean Stuffed Pitas
A simple meal packed with veggies & savory Greek accents!
Serves: 10, Serving Size: 1/2 cup stuffing, 1 pita half
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup no salt added canned garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup no salt added canned black beans
- 1/3 cup pitted, rinsed, finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped baby arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 5 loaves whole wheat pita bread, split in half
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add stuffing ingredients (except pita bread) and mix until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, add dressing ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing onto stuffing mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Using a knife, slice pita bread in half diagonally. With a spoon, scoop ½ cup of stuffing mixture into pita bread pocket. Repeat for the rest of pita pockets.