Savory Pumpkin Breakfast Bake
A great way to give a beta-carotene boost to your egg casserole! And you’d never know the secret ingredient is pumpkin.
Serves: 12 (Serving = 1/12 of dish)
- Cooking spray
- 3 large eggs
- 1 – 10 ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed out
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour (use gluten free flour blend for GF version)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups 1% milk cottage cheese
- ¾ cup 100% canned pure pumpkin
- 6 egg whites
- 8 slices crispy cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9 x 11” baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, spinach, bell pepper, onion, flour, Parmesan, cottage cheese and pumpkin. Stir well.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites on medium-high speed with an electric mixer for about 3-4 minutes or until they develop stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into pumpkin mixture until combined. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until liquid free.
- Sprinkle turkey bacon over top.